Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

David3401

RVF Regular
Recently purchased 2022 newmar baystar 3401 Above drivers sear is the dvd input box. When playing a dvd the tv in dining room plays the movie fine. However. The outside tv won’t recognize the dvd. When scrolling thru the source on tv the Blu-ray source is greyed out with an x. Yet the cord that says dvd is connected to the hdmi port. Is there something I should be switching off inside the rv so the outside tv plays the dvd. Any help would be appreciated I’ve tried with and without the inside tv on in case that was the issue.

My guess is the DVD is connected via HDMI port that is NOT going to the outside TV. I had to finagle my setup and put splitters in so I could watch things where I wanted them to show. Always a fun puzzle.

Thank you. The back of the dvd receiver has two ports for two DVD players Both plugged in. With my set up I have one svd player up there via connected to dvd box to input. Then back of receiver had two output hdmi cables. I’ll try pulling the receiver tommorrow to look further. Thank you for taking the time. Appreciate it. Have a good night

Above drivers seat in my 3401 is a satalite and dvd box- My dvd player is plugged into the hdmi input port on the dvd box. the dvd in living room works fine when putting the source on blue ray etc. The outside tv does not see the dvd- I have the hdmi plugged into the hdmi port one- when putting the source on blu ray on the outside dvd- the source is greyed out with an x- any suggestion on why its not seeing the dvd- I dont believe its the line to the tv as when I plug it into the satalite box and then put the source to satalite on the tv- the movie plays outside so the line must be fine. We can continue to use it this way, but since the rig is new its the principle to trying to find out the issue. -David

Latest resources

Back