Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

vandeusen

RVF Regular
So with my 1994 Dynasty 38 ft it came with the Onan generator that is in the front of the motorhome just below the windshield when I tried to start it it just cranks and never even attempts to start not a misfire or backfire it just chugga chugga chugga as I'm looking at this generator I don't even know how to look for a problem it's not a battery issue because it has plenty of starting power can someone possibly need me into the right direction as to how I remove the cover on this Onan. Currently it is sitting level and it shows I have tank of diesel thank you for any suggestions

Did you prime it first? On the newer ones you hold the stop utton in fir thirty seconds before hitting the start button.

When last was the generator serviced?

Yes tried priming as u just moved out of a Southwind that was newer. I have no idea when serviced as I had this for less then 2 weeks.

Problem solved it was just simply low on fuel
Low fuel level was my first thought but your original post said it was showing a tank of diesel. My Holiday Rambler will cut the fuel to the generator when the main fuel tank gets to 1/4 full. This keeps you from accidently running yourself out of fuel for the main engine. Glad you figured it out!

Latest resources

Back