Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

mjeds

RVF VIP
so I purchased the Ecoflow Delta Pro "backup battery" system in an attempt to see if it was useful for boon docking my 26' Trailer.

I got the primary unit 3600 watt hours with a second battery 3600 watt hours, combined 7200 watt hours, I also purchased a 40' 30amp cable and ran it from the docking port on the trailer to the front basement where I am storing the batteries.

The Ecoflow has a 30amp AC connection on it, I added a surge protector, though it already has the one built in.

so far, with running the little fireplace "heater" 4 hours a night keeping RV at 65°, using the electric option for the hot water heater, lights, Fridge, and all the other electric devices, I am getting 11 days of usage out of these batteries before I need to connect them to power to charge them, charging from 110 house power takes 6-8 hours. .

I have 1600 watt solar panels which I will install on the RV roof when the rain lets up so the batteries should charge during the day and allow me to run power indefinitely.

Thus far I am enjoying this setup, for $5000 I have unlimited power, when I calculated out equal Lithium Batteries, controllers, solar charging and all the other things required it was more than double that price, and these units have everything built in.

the only drawback is the wiring, having to run a 40' cable from the back to the front. I need to figure out a way to permanently wire the batteries to the RV, something that allows me to use the batteries, but switch to shore power if I want without having to unwire everything. some type of breaker to switch between the connections.

Nice. I have four ecoflow river setups (two mains and two slaves) that I use to power coolers in cars when heading to the big city a few hours away and picking stuff up from Whole Foods. They seem to make some nice stuff. Sounds like a real nice setup with the Delta Pro.

Latest resources

Back