• Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

LSG

RVF Regular
A post below reminded me

I’m interested in a TPMs system
like most things in my life it’s complex. I have six trailers
two will see cross country use. I’m not a big fan of things that screw on to a valve stem but I have not found an add on system that has an internal sensor.

how are these holding up. Its a hefty chunk of change for me to commit one option is to buy two systems and ten sensors and move them from trailer to trailer on longer trips.

my boat trailer is always a concern damage from a blow out here would not be pretty all six of its tires live about two inches from the boat and Ive seen screw on tire pressure sensors actual cause flat tires, next issue with the boat is from time to time I’m forced to navigate over a curb and its life it does not fit in many spots. A few boat launches in particular come to mind but entrances to parking lots are also top of the list. I worry a gangly screw on sensor might contact curbs break and now I have a leak where I might not with just the valve stem hitting something and then I also have salt water to worry about as well.

any input is appreciated thanks

I had my Eez tire monitors for 4+. years and no issues. I run them on a motorhome and on several other toads and now on a Jeep Gladiator. I've been off road with the sensors install on the Gladiator in some pretty rough environment but not salt water and still no issues. I purchased the anti theft type and have since removed the anti thief part. I did this because I could remove them without the special tool provided. Not much anti thief there.

I have Eez tpms for about 15 years. I pull my Jeep behind the motorhome. While off-roading I air down the tires and air up when back on the hard road. Dealing with the tpms sensors was a pain. On off on off. So I drilled a hole for a second air valve on the rims. These air valve were drilled on the center part of the rim but accessable between wheel spokes safe from rocks and debris. Now I can leave the tpms sensors on all the time and still adjust tire pressures at will. The OP might try this idea for his boat trailer.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back