Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

TimNik1964

RVF Newbee
We just purchased a 2019 Tiffin and it has an electric drivers window. On the bottom black track there is a piece of metal that has a bolt and nut. The bolt and nut doesn’t look like it came from the factory that way. The nut only threads so far like it doesn’t fit. Is this normal?

What you are talking about is the piece that “clamps” the bottom of the window and the whole bar pulls the window open. There should be 2 screws and locknuts there. How do I know? On the coast last week, went to open window and this metal bar goes sliding across with no glass attached. I had a missing lock nut on one screw and a very loose lock nut on the other screw / bolt. Bought some extra 3/8” fiber lock nuts for just in case. I never found the missing nut and am thinking it was never there.

If I had to do this over and go back in time, I would never order, or have a DS power window. Just got through a month long trip and I never knew when the window would retract, or not. Moving to a DP, and, thankfully, it has a manual window.

Latest resources

Back