• Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Status
Not open for further replies.

Golfer Guy

RVF Regular
Neal asked that I post what I did for electric gate valves.
To start I use the Drainmaster sewer hose with the cam lock system. That in itself created some challenges with my set up. With the cam lock connection it was impossible to lower the connected sewer hose through the bottom of the wet bay. Therefore the wet door bay door had to be left open. That just didn't work for me. It was a job but with a reciprocating saw and angle grinder I cut a larger rectangular opening through the floor of the wet bay to allow the swivel action for the connected sewer hose.

I then proceeded to take apart the plumbing back to the gray tank. Changed from the 1 1/2" plumbing to a 3" drain line using the parts Neil described in his installation. I was able to do this without removing the white plastic panel covering in the wet bay. It was tight but I was able to get to the connections from under the panel. It was not difficult to insert the black and gray electric valves from Drainmaster. Just had to be careful with the gaskets. There was a nice chase provided from the wet bay to the 1/2 bath for the communication and control box by the original owner in his factory build. There was an open hole in the wall with a blank electrical out cover next to the stool so I used that to mount the controls in the 1/2 bath. Cut and mounted the 2nd control box in the wet bay on the plastic panel in a location that wouldn't be in the way for those times when dumping from outside.

I am thinking of putting a switch in the 1/2 bath to turn the power off to the controls so no one hits the wrong button when flushing the toilet when not hooked up to the sewer. Wouldn't want those tanks dumped at the wrong time.

Without a doubt this is one of the best MODS that has been done on this coach. It sure is nice to be able to dump tanks without heading out in the cold or banging my head on the extended slide out. My bride especially loves it too.

1577901315525.png
1577901390993.png

I was wondering how you got the wires to the half bath. I could not figure that one out. Glad the prior owner has that chase installed for you.

Curious about how you seal up the "rectangular opening through the floor of the wet bay" when you are traveling.

TJ

I was wondering how you got the wires to the half bath. I could not figure that one out. Glad the prior owner has that chase installed for you.

I’ve got electrical fish tape, but I find this more useful in many circumstances. To me, it would be easier to start in the bath with this tool until it exits where you need it, attach the wire, and pull it back.

Curious about how you seal up the "rectangular opening through the floor of the wet bay" when you are traveling.

TJ
I cut a piece of Plexiglas I had to fit over the hole nice and tight and then swivel the cam lock coupler down on top of it to keep it firmly in place. Works well no road mess at all. I am in the process of making a filler piece for when I am stationary and want the compartment sealed up when the sewer hose is connected. Just a precaution to keep any unwanted critters out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Back