Welcome to RVForums.com

  • Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

Electric

Welcome to our community

  • Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

neilwf

RVF Newbee
Joined
Sep 30, 2026
Messages
1
I have a 1999 34n southwind motor home. I was running it on a 1000 watt generator when my girlfriend plugged in a 1000 watt hair dryer and all of a sudden the ac in the coach stopped working. It still does not work when I plug in shore power.hrlp.please
 
I have a 1999 34n southwind motor home. I was running it on a 1000 watt generator when my girlfriend plugged in a 1000 watt hair dryer and all of a sudden the ac in the coach stopped working. It still does not work when I plug in shore power.hrlp.please
It is likely that a breaker has tripped. Is there power at the shore connection? If there is, then check for a tripped breaker in the coach. It could even be a ground fault breaker.

Good luck
 
An AC unit will not be on a GFCI but the hair dryer plug may have. I am betting a tripped breaker or the AC had a weak capacitor and it blew. Troubleshooting 101, do you have power at: the shore cord? the main breaker in the panel? the output of the breaker marked AC? and then you have to open up the AC to check the rest.
 

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back
Top Bottom