Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

bmizzy

RVF Newbee
ETA: I figured it out. Ordering the same from MFG and will be able to lift and replace. Also found out that the Electrician made a mistake and sent 240 to the camper, which is where the problems came from originally. We're working through it.... Here's to hoping the problems stop at the power center.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
Good Morning- I've been a lurker on here a bit, so please forgive the first time post. I have a 2021 Wolf Pack 24GOLD14, bought brand-new a year ago from the dealer. It's been working like a champ... I put an outlet next to our pool, and all was perfect. I decided it would be wise to ask an actual electrician to come out and make sure I was not overloading any circuits or putting the camper / pool pumps at risk. He came out this morning. Although everything has been working just fine, he did adjust some wires, and moved my pool lights to a stand-alone circuit, which made my RV outlet stand-alone as well. All of this he did without cutting power, which I thought was a must.

As he began screwing the hot wire into the breaker, I heard the camper pop three times quite loudly. My son and I went into the camper, and smoke was pouring from the electrical panel. The AC unit came on, but it did not sound right. Microwave also came on but popped the breaker. I am 100% confident the converter is bad now, and I have to figure out the best means to get it fixed quickly. Problem is, I don't know how to tell which converter I need to order. My google-fu may not be as strong as many of you, so I'm asking for some assistance.

Last edited:
ETA: I figured it out. Ordering the same from MFG and will be able to lift and replace. Also found out that the Electrician made a mistake and sent 240 to the camper, which is where the problems came from originally. We're working through it.... Here's to hoping the problems stop at the power center.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
Good Morning- I've been a lurker on here a bit, so please forgive the first time post. I have a 2021 Wolf Pack 24GOLD14, bought brand-new a year ago from the dealer. It's been working like a champ... I put an outlet next to our pool, and all was perfect. I decided it would be wise to ask an actual electrician to come out and make sure I was not overloading any circuits or putting the camper / pool pumps at risk. He came out this morning. Although everything has been working just fine, he did adjust some wires, and moved my pool lights to a stand-alone circuit, which made my RV outlet stand-alone as well. All of this he did without cutting power, which I thought was a must.

As he began screwing the hot wire into the breaker, I heard the camper pop three times quite loudly. My son and I went into the camper, and smoke was pouring from the electrical panel. The AC unit came on, but it did not sound right. Microwave also came on but popped the breaker. I am 100% confident the converter is bad now, and I have to figure out the best means to get it fixed quickly. Problem is, I don't know how to tell which converter I need to order. My google-fu may not be as strong as many of you, so I'm asking for some assistance.
A few years ago my buddy in Florida had an electrician doing some exterior lighting on his home. He had him run a 50amp plug for his RV out to his shed while he was there. A month later he brought his Class A home and plugged it in. He experienced the same thing. Electrician made a huge mistake.

Latest resources

Back