RV Make
Newmar
RV Model
Dutchstar 4369
RV Length
TOW/TOAD
2014 Honda CRV
RVer mistakes gas station fuel tank for dump station

And the poop jokes start in 3... 2... 1... :)

I'm sorry but you would have to be EXTRA stupid to do something like that. Just another reason I'm more worried about seeing another RVer coming around me on the interstate than I am any other type of traffic.

A few days ago we watched as an "almost" new Brookshire DP pulled up to a back-in site across from us. A middle age lady driving opened her side window, stuck her head out, and started to attempt to back into the spot. I say "attempt" because after several minutes it was obvious she was never going to get it into the site. Finally her co-pilot exited the coach and stood at the back of the site saving her arms around. Somehow this helped the driver finally get into the site. And these people are actually traveling around the country!!!!! Yikes!

And these people are actually traveling around the country!!!!! Yikes!
And this is one of my concerns about opening an RV park. Some of these people shouldn't be driving a bicycle, let along a 40' motor home. I'm making the roads extra wide and as straight as I can, but I can't make them disconnect the hookups before mashing the peddle. :eek:

Last year I watched a guy with Class A back over the sewer receptacle and crush it. Than it took off?

I'm sorry but you would have to be EXTRA stupid to do something like that. Just another reason I'm more worried about seeing another RVer coming around me on the interstate than I am any other type of traffic.

A few days ago we watched as an "almost" new Brookshire DP pulled up to a back-in site across from us. A middle age lady driving opened her side window, stuck her head out, and started to attempt to back into the spot. I say "attempt" because after several minutes it was obvious she was never going to get it into the site. Finally her co-pilot exited the coach and stood at the back of the site saving her arms around. Somehow this helped the driver finally get into the site. And these people are actually traveling around the country!!!!! Yikes!
I’m usually the one that backs us in because I have a better feel for our DP, but my husband does stand in the back with a walkie-talkie as an extra precaution. I usually make it on the first try.

Any potential "close encounter", forward or backward; DW is outside with the 2-way radio; either monitoring or giving directions! Works well for us!

My husband was just talking about that last night. He suggested going to cell phones instead of walkie-talkie, but we don’t always have good cell service where we are. We had problems with the walkie-talkies - . If anyone could suggest a practical 2-way communication, that would be great. The Walkie-talkies were awkward and didn’t last through more than a few trips.

My husband was just talking about that last night. He suggested going to cell phones instead of walkie-talkie, but we don’t always have good cell service where we are. We had problems with the walkie-talkies - . If anyone could suggest a practical 2-way communication, that would be great. The Walkie-talkies were awkward and didn’t last through more than a few trips.

Using ear buds are ideal with cell phones. I did this once with a neighbor helping me get out of a tight spot. If you are an iPhone user I highly recommend AirPods Pro:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07ZPC9QD4/?tag=rvf01-20

Using ear buds are ideal with cell phones. I did this once with a neighbor helping me get out of a tight spot. If you are an iPhone user I highly recommend AirPods Pro:

Amazon.com: Apple AirPods Pro
Many places we stayed do not have cell service. I’m not sure how to use the earbuds in that situation..

Latest resources

Back