RV Model
Ventana 3407
RV Length
34'10"
TOW/TOAD
2013 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Unlimited
Fulltimer
No
All, we have used this awning about twice. Had inspection yesterday, awning would not go out over 1/3rd way. I cannot see up at it well, but it looks wonky at one end. Waiting for nice day, then going up to see what is going on. However, anyone had issues with it, and any solutions. Found backup light bulbs burned out, 2 years old, hmmm, but all other light fine, so not rear PDM issue recall is on. Need to get bulbs and replace. Hope arms are long enough. Some caulking issues too, so recommendations on Caulk to use. Fiberglass roof, but slides are EPDM, go figure.

I'm interested in the outcome of your awning issue - nothing to contribute, but this is always good info.

On back up lights, I suggest extra bright LED bulbs since they are lacking even when operating properly. Ive had good luck with M4 products. Something like this:
3156-G12-WHITE PAIR 3156 Brake and Tail Light (Backup) , but contact them for the right application and type. I found them helpful and the process easy.

As for access to the bulbs, if its anything like mine the back-up lights are very easily reached for replacement. It is odd that they are out already so you might want to check power to the fixtures before proceeding.

Good luck!

I will write up what I find, and maybe pictures on awning. Yeah, my feelings on longevity of bulbs too. I will pull old ones and see what I can find, sure there is light bulb chart, but if I just go off that, might buy something which will not fit. I personally feel the over the door awning is sort of a waste of money/space. First no wind sensor, so it could get pulled off in wind, if we are not home. Next, actually how many people use it, often? And, although not checked, does it automatically come in if, I attempt to start MH, or is their warning at least? I don't know, since like said, only used it twice. Now the main awning, works fine. Excellent wind sensor too.

I don't know about yours, but I know for a fact I can drive around with mine out - no auto retract like the steps, and no warning light or buzzer.

And yes, it seems pretty useless unless you are in a downpour with no wind. Then it might be helpful if you really feel the need to go out in the rain.

Update looked at it today finally, aint got a clue, one pin was hanging down, pushed/tapped back up, no change. Do not think spring inside of roll up cylinder is broken, does not act like that, something is hanging it up. New owner can fix it, but I would just ignore it, only used twice in two years of ownership, waste of time and money in my opinion.

It must be a new design that's really annoying from Newmar.
Our awning only extends a short way, then stops.
I found two consistent factors that seem to be reproduceable. Not sure if it applies to you, or if there is any correlation.
1. When we arrive at a new location and we have had the battery disconnected before deploying the awning, it will stop frequently before full extension. To correct, we briefly retract the awning and stop just after pressing the retract button. From there we repeat the deploy procedure until it stops again. Repeat a brief retract and repeat till fully extended.
2. Once fully extended, the awning "remembers" where full deployment is and will fully retract and deploy from that time - until we battery disconnect. Then the system "forgets" where full deployment is located, and the re-deployment process needs to learn where it's full extension is located.

Not sure if it's the same, but seems similar.

Who is the manufacturer of the awning?

Latest resources

Back