Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Tnedator

RVF Supporter
I recall Neil and maybe one or two others had this happen to them. Today, about 25 minutes after pulling out of my RV garage, driving it a couple hours away to a diesel shop (brake problem), I heard a warning beep. Took me a few to figure out what it was, and I realized it was the equalizer panel beeping. since I was driving 63 mph, I didn't take enough time to see which lights were on, but did quickly hit the store button, and heard the pump come on and then the beeping stopped. I pulled over and looked all the jacks were up, so I continued on my way.

There is zero chance I hit any button on the panel, as the arm rest was down and my elbows were close to the end of the arm rest, and I had nothing laying on the shelf where the equalizer and switches are located. I also hadn't been messing with the compression brake or anything else in that area.

It had been sitting only about 1 week with the jacks retracted (since a recent trip I took), so not like it was sitting with the jacks retracted for a couple months before driving it this morning.

I've had it happen twice. I think there is a sensor when the jacks creep down a little so I've learned especially in the cold or after not using them for a while that when I get in the coach I hit the "all retract" button to suck them up firmly and I've never had this happen again. As I have HWH Active Air which I use 99% of the time this is important to do IMHO.

I've had it happen twice. I think there is a sensor when the jacks creep down a little so I've learned especially in the cold or after not using them for a while that when I get in the coach I hit the "all retract" button to suck them up firmly and I've never had this happen again. As I have HWH Active Air which I use 99% of the time this is important to do IMHO.
Not sure if leaving my toasty RV garage and then driving in mid 30's at 6am could have caused a little creep. I wasn't too worried, as I thought I read on that old thread on the other forum (going by memory, after my heart stopped racing) that sometimes there might be a little creep. I forgot to check the fluid when I dropped if off at the Diesel shop, but just about two weeks ago when I was in Nashville, I checked the equalizer hydraulic fluid and it was between the min/max line.

Any shocks that are hydraulicly raised and not used for a period of time I suggest hitting the retract/store button. Cold or not. I don't ever want to hear my jacks doing something while driving again.

Any shocks that are hydraulicly raised and not used for a period of time I suggest hitting the retract/store button. Cold or not. I don't ever want to hear my jacks doing something while driving again.
Agreed. I don't want to hear that again. I'll start hitting retract as you suggest, and hopefully it becomes a one time fluke.

When the alarm first started going off, I immediately thought, "not another DEF head" but quickly realized I didn't have a warning on my dash display and it wasn't as loud as the chassis warning alarm.

Latest resources

Back