Chassis
Spartan
Engine
Cummins
TOW/TOAD
2018 Ford Flex
Fulltimer
No
From the members of Escapees that I have met through my travels it seems to be a good group of folks. From my experience most are serious RVers.

Any members care to comment on their experiences with the group and/or at campgrounds?

From the members of Escapees that I have met through my travels it seems to be a good group of folks. From my experience most are serious RVers.

Any members care to comment on their experiences with the group and/or at campgrounds?
I have not met anyone in the group. You going to join them?

I have not met anyone in the group. You going to join them?
The group looks to be focused on travelers and campers. The groups I have run across were mostly full timers. One group was in Death Valley having an Off Season (for Death Valley) Group Get together. A fun group of folks.
Everything I read about them is focused on Traveling, get togethers, and meeting fellow travelers. Much of what they offer is to make full timing possible. While Full Timing is not me goal, travel is, as economical and comfortable as possible.

I have been with Escapees for about 5 years. I have stayed at numerous Escapees campgrounds and USUALLY they have something going on in the clubhouse every night, be it sewing, cards, bingo, jam sessions, etc. but Covid changed that temporarily. The campgrounds are normally pretty decent, the one in Benson, Az I could put my 38' fiver in sideways and still have room. Also, the prices are pretty decent too. Most are around $360/ month plus electric. They have quite a few other benefits for us and the do not care what kind of RV you have. THIS SITE has a lot of info.

We checked into joining them a couple different times. I think there are good things and bad things about the organization. We prefer to plan our travels around what we want to see and explore and not where we feel to have to go to take advantage of membership campgrounds. We can keep our annual average nightly camping fees down to just over $20 per night without buying into such memberships so far.

I understand for some it is appealing and work well.

Joe, there is no requirement that you use their campgrounds. You can come and go at your leisure.

BTW membership is $49 per year.

Latest resources

Back