Chassis
Spartan K2
Engine
Cummins ISL9
TOW/TOAD
2023 GMC Sierra
Fulltimer
Yes
I received this email last week. Interesting they finally updated the maps but I interpreted that in the future it won’t be free.

Dear Rand McNally RV GPS Customers,

Well, we've almost reached our destination.

Your in-dash RV navigation software is eligible for a map update, which we're very happy to get to you in advance of the summer travel season. Unfortunately, as RV navigation updates have become more data-heavy and technically complex over the years, this will be the last update for your device. Please see below for installation instructions.

We will continue to support your RV navigation software via the Rand McNally Dock, which will allow you to download and install the updated map data. Additional services via the Dock will remain operational, such as the Repair function. For additional support, please visit our Support Center.

We've enjoyed traveling with you and wish you much happiness down the road.

Sincerely,
Rand McNally”

I did have an issue with the update as install after downloading failed part way through. I was able to download the remaining file but install would fail every time @ 3 of 21 remaining files. I finally closed the Rand McNally Dock software and reopened. It showed map update available, I downloaded which was the 21 files remaining. Success with the install 😀

Warning: Need to re-enter RV parameters ie height

I had the same problem and finally got it to download but when I boot it back up in the dash I’m still getting the message that the map is out of date and over one year old. I put it back in the dock it says there is no update. Just curious, did that warning go away on your unit.

I previously deleted the file in config that produced the warning so I don’t get it

Latest resources

Back