Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

CaloosaKid

RVF Regular
Can a few of you give me your impressions of the different warranty companies that are out there and which ones you would recommend. I have a new fifth wheel with a one-year warranty and I’m wondering if I should purchase an extended warranty or maintenance warranty well it’s brand new. Thank you in advance.

I got one on the first MH. I canceled it and got a small refund after 5 years. On the current one, I decided against it. Mine was $7,500.

if you have that money set aside and growing in an investment, my thought is to forgo the extended warranty and pay for whatever breaks. If you are not good at saving or don‘t have the extra cash (just in case) then financing an extended warranty might be a good option. it is a gamble both ways. The company I had was Compass. They did not cover anything that broke or it was less than the deductible, so I never had a claim.

Extra warranties are the worst investment you can make.

If you read the fine print you will find they cover almost nothing.

The seller of teh warranty will show you examples of people whoi have saved thousands of dollars with their warranty.

They will not tell you that most of the claims submitted are not covered by the warranty.

As Abd says, bank money for repairs and maintenance and pay as you go.

I think ours was about $3K for two years. We bought it because the coach is 5 years old. Its been almost a year now and we have not used it. Will I extend it when it expires .... probably not.

extended warranty companies are insurance companies. Spin the wheel, how lucky are you?

When we bought our 2017 DS we purchased extended warranty thru Cornerstone at a cost of $6000. We got a $3700 refund when we traded up for our 2020DS, so it cost $2300 for 18 months of coverage since Newmar warranty covered first year. We went to use the plan once to correct issue with lift actuators leakage on HWH FWS, which was denied because leaking was not the actuator but the fittings going into the actuator. Newmar ended up correcting the problem and covering the cost.

We are “self insuring” on our 2020 DS.

When we purchased our 2018 MH in 2019 it was a year old. It was still under Thor for 2-3 months and also has the balance of the Ford Warranty on the truck itself! The Dealer Arlington RV sales in R.I. Also included a Forever Warranty
at no cost, it’s pretty much bumper to bumper and as long as we have a yearly inspection at an authorized dealer (approx $200) it never cancels. The $200 includes complete bumper to bumper inspection, plus 1 tube of sealant for the roof.
so far we’ve used it twice on 4 issues, the refrigerator (mother board), water heater ( mother board), outside ladder (screws backed out during travel) and door lock ( lock mechanism replaced), Absolutely no deductible or charges on either repair. Unless of course you want to count the yearly cost of the inspection? But even with that, my thought is it’s a small price to pay for repairs! Just my 2 cents...

Latest resources

Back