• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Extended Waranty???

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
I like things done right, not on the cheap. I don't like to argue if something should be covered, and I don't like insurance companies. I think that covers everything.

Everyone has their own opinion - mine is that extended warranties are a great business … for the warranty company.
We have saved huge amounts of money over the years saying “no” to warranty offers. Have we spent some out of pocket on repairs? Yes, but a whole heck of a lot less than the combined warranties would have been.

I probably wouldn't have bought one myself, but one came with my coach when I purchased. So far, I'm liking the fact that it's there.

On some of these rigs, it doesn't take long to run up a tab that exceeds the cost of the extended warranty. Of course, it can go the other way too.

@BobandCarolOnTheRoad ... There is no right or wrong answer here. Personally, we have always bought one of these for all of our coaches and do not regret it. On some of the coaches it was a great idea and others it wasn't. We have a good one on our current coach and it gives us peace of mind.

FLSteve ;)

I bought one for my 2019 Wonder. First issue was brakes which were not covered. I’ll keep mine for a year but not sure after that.

Friend has not got one on his Tiffen, and just had to spend 3,500 on getting the jacks working after they shorted out/lightning strike during a severe storm on the GA coast in DEC. However, I have chosen to not have one on the RV's I have owned, since Master Certified RV tech retired. The manufacturers warranty covers it for first year, use it hard, and anything weak will break that first year, they get to fix. I think I would just put the money in the bank for those times you have to pay, getting good interest will make up the difference. Allocate about 2-300 month for stuff, and keep that in bank, at end of second year, spend first year's money on big party, invite me.

@BobandCarolOnTheRoad ... There is no right or wrong answer here. Personally, we have always bought one of these for all of our coaches and do not regret it. On some of the coaches it was a great idea and others it wasn't. We have a good one on our current coach and it gives us peace of mind.

FLSteve ;)
What warranty company did you choose?
Brian

I think I would just put the money in the bank for those times you have to pay, getting good interest will make up the difference.
Share the wealth Old-Rv'er, where do you bank? :)

Friend has not got one on his Tiffen, and just had to spend 3,500 on getting the jacks working after they shorted out/lightning strike during a severe storm on the GA coast in DEC. However, I have chosen to not have one on the RV's I have owned, since Master Certified RV tech retired. The manufacturers warranty covers it for first year, use it hard, and anything weak will break that first year, they get to fix. I think I would just put the money in the bank for those times you have to pay, getting good interest will make up the difference. Allocate about 2-300 month for stuff, and keep that in bank, at end of second year, spend first year's money on big party, invite me.
His insurance should have covered that lightning strike repair.

Mark

Latest resources

Back