Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Ernest Craige

RVF Newbee
We just bought a Coachman Class B and would like extended warranty suggestions. Which company has a reliable extended warranty (exclusionary) that you’d recommend?

Welcome to RVF, @Ernest Craige; glad to have you here.

As to extended warranties, I don't like betting against myself! That's basically what you are doing with an extended warranty. You are betting that the company will pay out more than you will pay in premiums. I suppose that may provide some peace of mind regarding a catastrophic repair expense, but insurance companies (which is what an extended warranty is; insurance) are notably adept in limiting their exposure in order to making a profit. They don't do this by paying out more than they take in.

TJ

Last edited:
In addition to what @TJ&LadyDi have stated most of the time you will be bothered by these insurance companies even after you purchased a policy. Give it a little time to see if the build has proven reliable before you buy.

Good point, Kevin. We don’t take possession till Friday, when we get our day’s worth of training. It looks nice (on the lot) and most (not all) of the listed options are actually there. Missing are the upgraded windshield cover and a couple of other things.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back