RV Make
Alliance
RV Model
Paradigm 310rl
RV Length
34' 11"
Fulltimer
Yes
My wife and I just bought a 2022 paradigm 310rl. We have 60 days to purchase the $4400 extended warranty. It covers the rig for 5 years. Is it worth the cost? Thanks in advance for any information.

You don't say wether your RV is a new 2022 or used. If it is new you should have a 12 month factory warranty that came with it, Or if used possibly the balance of the previous owners warranty. In any case you'll be able to purchase an extended service contract from one of many that are out there at any time and I might add shop for price and coverage you'll be surprised how good you might do in terms of price and coverage. Getting it is a decision you have to make, a lot has to be taken into consideration. 1 status of existing warranty 2. How long do you think you'll want to own it. 3. The paradigm's track record( check forums on the unit). 4 Can you pay separately for it or would you have to roll into the financing, if that's the way your purchasing.5 If your looking to find some peace of mind then making the purchase is the way to go, just remember before you commit to purchasing from the dealer compare price and coverage with someone else, if still under warranty this may buy some time to figure your best move. Good Luck.

I have never gotten much of anything out of these. I would rather invest the money and pay for whatever the original warranty does not cover. Read the fine print - all of the exclusions and deductible.

My wife and I just bought a 2022 paradigm 310rl. We have 60 days to purchase the $4400 extended warranty. It covers the rig for 5 years. Is it worth the cost? Thanks in advance for any information.
You don't say wether your RV is a new 2022 or used. If it is new you should have a 12 month factory warranty that came with it, Or if used possibly the balance of the previous owners warranty. In any case you'll be able to purchase an extended service contract from one of many that are out there at any time and I might add shop for price and coverage you'll be surprised how good you might do in terms of price and coverage. Getting it is a decision you have to make, a lot has to be taken into consideration. 1 status of existing warranty 2. How long do you think you'll want to own it. 3. The paradigm's track record( check forums on the unit). 4 Can you pay separately for it or would you have to roll into the financing, if that's the way your purchasing.5 If your looking to find some peace of mind then making the purchase is the way to go, just remember before you commit to purchasing from the dealer compare price and coverage with someone else, if still under warranty this may buy some time to figure your best move. Good Luck.
Thanks for the input. It is a new 2022.

Something to look at as you register all the products in the coach for their individual warranties…

While doing ours I added 5 years to both the washer and dryer for $90 each. The refrigerator and convection oven I can get a continuous warranty for about $15 a month for both.

A lot of the items have the ability to extend the initial. Of course this doesn’t cover the house portion.

That may give you options for just picking up an extended to cover the items that you need it for.

Just my thoughts.

Not a believer in extended warranties on any purchase either. So far so good!

Good morning.
The price you mentioned here seems really high for a 5th wheel. That looks more like a price for a motor home that would include drivetrain AND the coach items.
- There was a comment made above about buying anytime - not normally at the same price. Service contract companies generally charge more for what is called "Post Sale". The assumption is made that you are buying because something is broken. Also, there is generally a "no claim period" after buying that way to help eliminate a quick claim.
If you are interested in a price quote, let me know. For the price you were quoted, I would not buy either. If you want to see a price for great coverage, let me know.
Thank you,
Ken

Hard to answer. I bought a 2020 Tiffin Allegro with 4K miles in August. To date, it has zero windshield miles. It has spent the past six months either in the repair shop or in storage waiting for a repair appointment. I did not buy the extended warranty, and have spent $9k in repairs. And 2 of the 3 slides still do not work. Read the warranty very carefully, there are allot of caveats.

We certainly have gotten our money's worth and then some on our purchase of an extended 5 year warranty. We have a class A and it was worth every penny. So many things that have gone wrong and each item was covered. The last item that failed was our macerator in our 1/2 bath. It was over $1100.00, parts and labor. We were in Galveston, TX at the time and contacted a certified mobile RV tech who did warranty work. He received approval from Route 66, our warranty company, and ordered the new macerator motor. It was a very easy process and saved us a lot of headache and time from having to take the RV to a service dealer. Sometimes RV dealers won't even work on something that was not purchased from them.
Just make sure you read the warranty information you are purchasing and are aware of exactly what is and is not covered. Ours had a lot of covered items that we thought were essential if something were to fail.
Good luck!

We certainly have gotten our money's worth and then some on our purchase of an extended 5 year warranty. We have a class A and it was worth every penny. So many things that have gone wrong and each item was covered. The last item that failed was our macerator in our 1/2 bath. It was over $1100.00, parts and labor. We were in Galveston, TX at the time and contacted a certified mobile RV tech who did warranty work. He received approval from Route 66, our warranty company, and ordered the new macerator motor. It was a very easy process and saved us a lot of headache and time from having to take the RV to a service dealer. Sometimes RV dealers won't even work on something that was not purchased from them.
Just make sure you read the warranty information you are purchasing and are aware of exactly what is and is not covered. Ours had a lot of covered items that we thought were essential if something were to fail.
Good luck!
Thanks for the information!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back