RV Make
Newmar
RV Model
Ventana LE 4037
RV Length
40' 10"
TOW/TOAD
2011 Jeep Liberty
Just noticed this today.....brand new too as it was not there couple days ago. Takes some force to push this back against the sidewall so don't think tape/adhesive is strong enough. Runs from bottom of drivers mirror down about 15". Hate the thought of putting some kind of mechanical fastener to hold it flat. Anyone had this issue before or can offer suggestions on how to repair it?
TIA
IMG_2462.jpg

Unfortunately not uncommon. @TJ&LadyDi had this on his Ventana LE. I suggest contacting Newmar, it may be under the structural warranty and they'll arrange the repair.

Unfortunately not uncommon. @TJ&LadyDi had this on his Ventana LE. I suggest contacting Newmar, it may be under the structural warranty and they'll arrange the repair.
Thank Neal....was not aware that I had warranties of any kind left since it's a 2016 and I'm the second owner. I leave in 10 days to winter in AZ so will probably put some tape over the gap to prevent water intrusion till we get out there. I know NIRVC has a dealership in the Phoenix area and maybe thats where Newmar will direct me.

Yes, as @Neal posted, we had that same problem a few years back on our 2014 Ventana LE. Newmar stepped up and covered it without any hassle. Our coach was repaired at Guaranty RV in Juncion City, Oregon, using both mechanical fasteners (screws) and adhesive. When the job was done, it was impossible to see where it had occurred.

Take a couple of photos clearly showing the separation and location on the coach, Then, call Newmar and explain that you have a "sidewall separation," and that you have photos you can e-mail them. We did that and in less than a day, were told that Newmar would fi it under warranty. I'm confident they will do the same for you.

EDIT: We used 2" Gorilla Tape to cover the opening and it worked fine until we got to the repair facility.

TJ

Desert Autoplex in Mesa is the designated Newmar dealer in the Phoenix area. You DON'T want to go there. If you want NIRVC the one in Vegas is the closest Newmar dealer. Or I can recommend Freedom RV in Tucson. We had warranty work done there.

There are ways to have that fixed without screws using epoxy (there are YouTube videos on how it’s done), but follow the others suggestion first and contact the manufacturer.

There are ways to have that fixed without screws using epoxy (there are YouTube videos on how it’s done), but follow the others suggestion first and contact the manufacturer.
True, but the folks that fixed our coach delamination problem were of the opinion that using just adhesive (which includes epoxy) at critical stress points is just asking for trouble. The body shop foreman told me "we fixed it the way it should have been done in the first place." He's had more experience with that than I have, so I took his word for it. ;)

TF

Desert Autoplex in Mesa is the designated Newmar dealer in the Phoenix area. You DON'T want to go there. If you want NIRVC the one in Vegas is the closest Newmar dealer. Or I can recommend Freedom RV in Tucson. We had warranty work done there.
Thanks...I think NIRVC recently opened a dealership in Surprise AZ.....close to Phoenix

Thanks...I think NIRVC recently opened a dealership in Surprise AZ.....close to Phoenix
Surprise!!! Spent some time in Youngtown building a handyman business there. long time ago.

I would call nirvc in AZ as I had heard they do not service Newmars there due to “dealer territory” issue.

Latest resources

Back