Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Schrec

RVF Regular
So I’ve been looking for a coach for a few months now. My friend has a 95 monaco dynasty he’s selling. It’s in good mechanical shape. Been stored indoors. 83k miles. New tires and all maintenance done. Way under budget and comes with hoses and power connections. And a tow dolly.
I think this will be a good starter coach. Trade up in a couple years or if we don’t like the RV life style we can sell it without to big of a hit.
So is it a learn as you go thing for what you need as far as tools and what not to carry? Is there a basic list I can get ideas from? I’ve got some ideas but no experience in this RV thing.

Basics are hookups... Water, Sewer, Electric, CATV. Some adapters like a 30A to 50A dogbone adapter.

Next add on to safety gear...first aid supplies (basic), TPMS System, Fire extinguisher...test smoke alarms.

Navigation... Garmin RV780?

Amazon Prime membership...have anything else you need delivered in two days :)

Your personal lifestyle will direct your future choices...gas grill, chairs, lighting, etc...

Coaches will have specific items prone to failure. As an example...many of us carry a spare Water Pump Controller for our Newmars. You’ll find make specific pointers from other owners to help prepare you for possible items to carry. This will make it easier to rebound from an equipment failure.

Roadside Assistance...such as Coachnet.

You will need some apps for your phone. I have Verizon Unlimited talk, text, data and use my phone as a hotspot. It works nation wide.
The apps are Passport America, Park Adviser, Reserve America (for State and National Parks, Corps of Engineers, BLM, etc.), & KOA.
Be prepared for your plans to change, that is the nature of RVing!

Latest resources

Back