Forest River
RV Model
Palomino Puma unleashed 383ss
RV Length
TOW/TOAD
F350
Fulltimer
Yes
Cleaning out my tanks today and greasing up my hitch, doing all that outside maintenance stuff for travel (I’m not headed out just maintaining) I was thinking. The area I’m at now is not my favorite place that I’ve visited so far and I definitely would not want to settle down here although I’ve been here since mid April (6wks give or take). I find myself in a position where I might need to sit still for an extended period of time. So it had me pondering where that should be.

Where is your favorite area in the USA? Not national park or tourist attraction but if you had to settle down for 6 months to a year where would you choose. Tell me why, tell me about the weather and nearby cities and what draws you to that place. Even if it’s your own town that you have a house in.

Thanks!

It's hard to beat the Southeast USA. Cost of living is great as long as you're not in a big city like Atlanta, GA. We live in Ringgold, GA which is a bedroom community of Chattanooga, TN. We are 2 hours from Nashville, Knoxville, Atlanta. The mountains are 45 minutes away. The lake is an hour. Olympic kyaking is an hour away. Cost of living is inexpensive. Schools are great. Lots of outdoor activities in the Chattanooga area. The downside is it's hot in the Summer and the humidity is high. In the Spring the pollen is unbearable for those of us with allergies. But it's a small price to pay for the beauty of the area.

Latest resources

Back