Chassis
Freightliner
Engine
Cummins 340 hp
TOW/TOAD
2013 Subaru Crosstrek - manual, flat tow
Fulltimer
No
DH has wanted to go to this for years and years ... I've not been against it, but I've never been interested in such things. However, now that we have a motorhom, he brought up the idea again (not sure how having a mh makes it more possible, but ok). I know he really wants to do this so I'm trying to find out more about it and figure out if it's feasible with our motorhome, or if we can even find a place to camp. I'm concerned about the cold weather, and he's talking about getting inflatable skirts I mean he's really serious about this trip!
1. Have any of you ever been?
2. Can you recommend any parks? I used trip wizard to flesh out a trip - have not called to make actual reservations, except one place an hour from Tuscon-just to get a feel of availability.
3. What does one do if traveling in the winter and nights dip to the upper 20s...What would we need to do to our RV to make it workable for a winter trip?
I have never planned a winter trip, nor a trip in such a remote area. But I would really like to do this for him.

Hi. I would not worry about the weather. Lows in the Tucson area are normally in the mid 40s during the winter with highs in the 60s and 70s. Have been to the show once, interesting but for me once was enough. Several campground within an hour of the show (which is held in multiple locations around the Tucson area). Best make reservations soon because the Canadians are coming back big time since the border is open. Have fun, lots of other things to see and do around Tucson.

We decided not to go this year.... maybe next year... the places we wanted to stay were all booked up a month go, leaving the most expensive, furthest away, or plain undesirable ones.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back