Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Grumpysmurf

RVF Newbee
I have a 2012 Elkridge fifth wheel made by Heartland and I had a jack failure and need to order a new fifth wheel jack. I'll actually order both but I'm confused on what brand to buy I don't see identifying marks for manufacturer stamps.
What I'm noticing jacks by lippert have a 6000lb rating and stronham I think it's called is 3000lb.
My camper weighs in at 7200lbs dry weight. I can't seem to locate or know where to look for the proper jacks. Need help. Thanks appreciate any advice.
Ps do the jacks need to be able to support the total trailer weight or just the tongue weight. Although Id feel more comfortable with a jack that supported the total weight.

Expert Reply:
The Reese landing gear set # RP500708 that you referenced has an 8,000 lb capacity for the pair of jacks. This is the lifting capacity of the set though and not the weight capacity of the trailer it can be used on. With fifth wheel trailers like what this landing gear set is used on typically the landing gear has to support 20 percent of the total weight of the trailer.
Found this myself hope this helps others in my situation

Not an expert reply, but I’ve replaced both front landing jacks.
Call Heartland Parts! They have better prices, they have stock, AND they know which parts they used.

Much better than looking through Lippert or Reese catalogs looking for the correct part.

Latest resources

Back