Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

Question Finding a teardrop camper for newbies?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Brewhaha3

RVF Newbee
Hello all, I'm new to the forum and to forums in general.

I'm looking at getting my very first camper and am intrested in small teardrop style campers. Something simple and quality. I've searched the web for option but frankly I'm a bit overwhelmed. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

I'm looking at getting my very first camper and am intrested in small teardrop style campers. Something simple and quality. I've searched the web for option but frankly I'm a bit overwhelmed. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!
Good morning brewhaha. So much depends on budget. Have you looked at the Nukamp line? We have a Nukamp T@B 400 that we pull with a medium sized SUV. They make about half a dozen different models. They are all pricey compared to other brands but it’s reflected in their quality and system choices. Eg. Hydronic heat. Basement air etc. Worth checking out.

Hope you find something that works for you.

I've looked at a few different companies. I'm looking at used preferably. So far I'm not finding many out there. Is the used market for them just very small?

In my experience it’s just that there is lots of demand for them right now so there is not much out there. People are looking to be able to pull with SUV’s so they don’t need a second vehicle (truck). We gave up on used and went new. However Facebook has various groups dedicated to various manufacturers or general teardrop type trailers. They also have buy and sells. Are you on Facebook?

In my experience it’s just that there is lots of demand for them right now so there is not much out there. People are looking to be able to pull with SUV’s so they don’t need a second vehicle (truck). We gave up on used and went new. However Facebook has various groups dedicated to various manufacturers or general teardrop type trailers. They also have buy and sells. Are you on Facebook?
i am. however im not seeing much in my area. also the dealers and bots seem to have flooded the market place worse than ever. my budget is something in the area of 10-15k.

i am. however im not seeing much in my area. also the dealers and bots seem to have flooded the market place worse than ever. my budget is something in the area of 10-15k.
I hear ya. They are hard to come by. Super popular up here in BC in the last two years. The Tesla and Audi EV crowd flock to them because of the weight and aerodynamics.

Hope you find one. Sorry i couldn’t be of more help.

Hey @Brewhaha3! Are you still looking for a teardrop?

We have a great one for sale!

Latest resources

Back