Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

Firefly Integration should be SWATTED!!!

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Gordon1152

RVF Newbee
It’s been said many times that motorhome ownership is not for the faint of heart and our experience certainly bears that out. Things break, schedules change, weather doesn’t always cooperate … in general stuff happens and it’s usually expensive when it does. But you should be able to rely on at least a few things. Entegra, Spartan and a few of their suppliers have been great to deal with so far. Now that the warranty has ended we’ll see what happens.

Firefly Integration on the other hand, the guys that make the touch screen control panel in my coach, has been awful … to the point that Entegra should be actively seeking a new supplier in my humble opinion. Just give me some gauges that tell me what’s going on in my coach. Don’t imperil me or my family with circuit boards that can potentially burst into flames subjecting me to a cross country effort to get a safety campaign completed (I could write a book about that one). How tough is that really? I have another ongoing issue that’s at the finger pointing stage between Entegra and Firefly, but it’s not debilitating fortunately.

Yesterday was a new one for me however and if I had a choice it would be the last straw. Specifically, I dumped the two holding tanks and flushed the black tank twice in a failed attempt to get that particular gauge to read less than 100% … no such luck. But that wasn’t the surprise. I’ve come to expect that inaccuracy and will continue to try new sensor cleaning methods and products, I’m just that stubborn. Fortunately our full bath has a macerator toilet with idiot lights that are not tied into Firefly’s stuff and they keep the cup from overflowing as it were …

No the surprise was the fresh water tank reading right after I watched it fill completely. 33% is what Firefly tells me I have onboard … Huh! Well maybe in the scheme of things two out of four gauges reading correctly isn’t that bad. I do know how much grey water and propane I’m carrying after all, be happy with that I tell myself … NOT.

BTW, since I can’t trust Firefly to give me an accurate crap count I installed a Garnet SeeLevel II monitoring system with the display in the wet bay and it works GREAT!!! Firefly wants $1,250 to write software to integrate gauges that actually work into their display and I just can’t bring myself to reward bad behavior that way … maybe that’s just me

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back