Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Wisco RVing

RVF Newbee
Needs some advice, my wife and I are purchasing our first travel camper. We have our set budget and narrowed down to two that we like each with their own perks and downfalls that we see.
Any advice would be appreciated!
Both will be out the door with a stabilizing hitch for $18,100. Are there any major pros or cons that we should be aware of!? I thank you for any and all comments and advice!!!!

1)2020 Coachmen CATALINA 261BH no outdoor kitchen

2) 2020 FOREST RIVER RV SALEM CRUISE LITE 261BHXL mini outdoor kitchen

Welcome to the forum glad you joined. I can’t offer any advice on your trailer choices but hopefully someone in that area will shortly.

Welcome to RVForums @Wisco RVing - do you have links to these by any chance?

Welcome to RVForums @Wisco RVing - do you have links to these by any chance?

Do you have kids? It is a question of bunk beds. Space is a king when inside a camper for any length of time say during bad weather or in the evening. With just me and the wife and our 2 dogs we actually removed our booth type kitchen table and opted not to even have one. We could not get comfortable in it for any length of sitting and wanted more lounging room i.e. to watch TV or put a small table out for games and such. That is a more personal nature.

Yes we do have children, the bunks are a must have for us. Between the two, I wasn’t sure if one is prone to have any sort of issues over the other.

Yes we do have children, the bunks are a must have for us. Between the two, I wasn’t sure if one is prone to have any sort of issues over the other.
Well, I have had a Salem and a Coachman. Both were fine trailers. I used the Salem through early winter in Salem, Or. the only thing I did is go through and insulated any excused water lines like under cabinets etc. and never had any problem.

Well, I have had a Salem and a Coachman. Both were fine trailers. I used the Salem through early winter in Salem, Or. the only thing I did is go through and insulated any excused water lines like under cabinets etc. and never had any problem.
Awesome, thank you for the info!

Latest resources

Back