Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Rayray1981

RVF Newbee
I have this camper the converter was burned out in it can I just hook up an inverter to charge my two batteries in the front and run off of a 110 you know plug into the 30 amp and just use that for temporary to have my stuff working

The first thing I would do is make sure the bad converter is not hooked to anything. An inverter will not charge the batteries. You can hook a small battery charger up and then plug it into the outside outlet. When you are plugged in then you will charge the batteries.

You have to be careful with battery chargers. Make sure it’s got good reviews. You want one with bulletproof overcharge protection. Ive been through plenty of them maintaining batteries for multiple boats dump trailers and travel trailers that are no plugged in when not in use and they like to ruin batteries. Saving a little money on a small charger really ain’t saving money when you find your battery life’s short. If it was going to replace the failed unit permanently in your travel trailer spend at least $100 to $150 on one with very good charging controls.

Latest resources

Back