Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Cocon5

RVF Newbee
Husband and I are about to become empty nesters. Want to get an inexpensive, used RV to try out this year. If we love it, then we will upgrade. Thinking about a class A or C. Any suggestions, tips or warnings ;)

Husband and I are about to become empty nesters. Want to get an inexpensive, used RV to try out this year. If we love it, then we will upgrade. Thinking about a class A or C. Any suggestions, tips or warnings ;)
Welcome, good look on your search. We are in our first motorhome after traveling in a fifth wheel. We wanted something smaller to be able to get in to St Parks easily. We have a 31’Class C three slides. We wanted something Andrea was comfortable driving. So far we live it.

What does "inexpensive" mean to you? Class A motorhomes range from $50,000 for a used one up to about $1,000,000 for a new one. If your budget is $250K then a used 2008 for $100K would be "inexpensive", right? You could try out the "inexpensive" used one for $100K for a year then sell it and get the nicer newer one next year. This is kinda what we did. I found a bargain on a 2006 Holiday Rambler Ambassador with the pre-emission engine and only 36K miles for $60K. We bought it thinking that if we didn't like it we'd sell it. Turns out we like it a LOT!! My advice is to find a floor plan you like. You can remodel these class A's almost like a house but you can't change the floor plan.

I agree with EZ, I've owned two class "C" RV's. The first was 27' and the second a 32'. As our needs changed we went bigger. After the "C"s we went to a 38' fiver/toyhauler. We drug it around for a few years hauling 4wheelers and dirt bikes. Now the kids are all grown and gone and we are empty nesters. Now we have a Newmar Dutch Star 40' coach and love it. Find the floor plan you're happy with and roll with it. Things can be changed out as they fail. Remember if you change out an appliance or something try to upgrade and keep your coach up to date. Helps with resale when the time comes...

Latest resources

Back