Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

Five months in our new Jayco North Pointe...good and bad!

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

jeffphipps1

RVF Newbee
We (my wife and I) had a lot of unexpected issues with this high-end ($150,000) trailer, although we would buy it again (after performing our own self inspection, rather than trusting Jayco or Camping World to be honest and forth coming, which was a HUGE mistake).

Our biggest downsides have been a lack of reasonable insulation (marketed as having the best, but seems to have little to none), missing furnace (they forgot to install one!), a very nice side by side fridge that has been stuck on gas operation (electric won't work, so it burns up a lot of gas), and short one ac unit (so it's almost always too hot or too cold to be comfortable). It's otherwise a very comfortable and classy trailer, easy to stay in longer term with floor fans and space heaters to compensate for no insulation and very poor heating and cooling in each of the three sections.

We stayed in Colorado a few weeks last fall and Arizona over winter, so fortunately the weather has been generally very comfortable, otherwise we surely would not have made it through unscathed health wise. We are looking to buy and RV favorable property in Montana soon (White Fish / Helena area near some of our friends) once Jayco finally gets the trailer completely built. We have had five warranty claims outstanding for the last five months we have owned the trailer and Camping World has finally made time for us tomorrow, although I doubt they will get much done. I am also looking for any solutions for better insulation, insulated windows, insulated vents, insulated sky light, install a heat pump unit in living area (where there is no heat or ac), etc.

If anyone has idea, please let us know!

This is outside of what I'm shopping for but I do appreciate the honest review highlighting the good along with the bad. I've fully immersed myself in research and it seems lack of insulation is prevalent among all TTs regardless of price point. The other stuff, some of it certainly should have been caught before it was shipped but hey, it's just another indicator of what's been deemed acceptable in this day and age.

It is impossible to make an RV as comfortable as stick & brick.

No matter how much you insulate, lack of mass makes control of the environment impossible.

I understand that the insulation is never going to be very good in an RV, it makes sense (I was a homebuilder for many years). Nevertheless, I found window insulation kits that look pretty useful. Also, the furnace will be installed today...that will remove a gaping hole to the outdoors.

Sadly, the CW dealer in Draper removed the furnace to give to someone else, then delivered the trailer to me without replacing it or informing me. They forgot to tell me about it when I filed the warranty claim; I have been trying to get the furnace installed for five months. A little irritating, but believe it's SOP.

Latest resources

Back