Chassis
Freightliner XCR
Engine
Cummins 400 HP
TOW/TOAD
2017 Chevy Colorado
Fulltimer
No
A year ago or so I dropped my Gen2 dishy going up the rear ladder using a sling I had that came with something for Starlink. It fell out of the sling, said sling is now in a trash dump somewhere in the north US. The dishy still worked fine unless wet. I sealed the dishy up with white duct tape but as stated above when it got wet it stopped working as obviously I didn't have a good seal. I figured I'd just wait and get a new dishy but I'm not thrilled with the manual pointing Gen3 so I want to stick with the Gen2 and why not? I barely use it and it works fine. So I decided to seal it a little better and give Flex Seal a try. Looks like the fix is going to work nicely. Flex Seal is essentially a liquid rubber. Brushed it on, it dried evenly. We'll see how it works next time I use it.

fs.png

I have used flex seal many times in its wide variety of forms, the only complaint I have is it does not seem to hold up well to lengthy UV exposure. For a fast fix though to get you back on the road its been great!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back