• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Flashing lights on dash of 2016 London Aire

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
And yea, your house battery voltage is dropping like a rock! They are no good.

I would also try and look at amp draw while shades are going down, wondering if one of the shade motors is going bad causing a high draw.
Newmar check/replaced the bad ones when I was there a couple of weeks ago. :) I think we've narrowed it down to some bad batteries.

I am no battery expert, but, I guess my question is if they really did replace the batteries how is it they go bad in only a few weeks. Even if they depleted the batteries a couple of times would they go bad that quickly?

I’ll hazard a response, depending on brand and battery construction, a lead acid battery below 10v is most likely suffering damage ie Sulfating. Some brands can be recovered from this state others have been at least degraded and some are no longer serviceable .
lead acid are durable if kept clean, charged and properly maintained.
Trojan brand at one time were the gold standard in deep discharge lead acid.
I must admit With the advent of LiFePo chemistry I’ve lost touch with current lead acid maintenance.😎

I am no battery expert, but, I guess my question is if they really did replace the batteries how is it they go bad in only a few weeks. Even if they depleted the batteries a couple of times would they go bad that quickly?
It was me that replaced the batteries, Sheridan. Bought them on 12/10/2022 and installed them as soon as they arrived. I keep the coach plugged in and under cover while it's here. We left a few weeks later for Florida and I spend 6 weeks on the road. Dropped the coach off when I returned and it sat in the lot for almost 2 months without being plugged in.

From there the coach went to Newmar, where they took in inside, plugged it in and did their repairs. I picked it up from Newmar, drove it home, and this is where we are.

So I'm with you on the "battery expert" issue. But the only time the coach has not been plugged in and the batteries maintained, was while it sat at the repair shop for almost 8 weeks.

Hard to imagine that the batteries are sooo dead that (collectively) they can not pull down a shade. And why would weak batteries make the dash blink? I am very puzzled…

And this happens even when plugged in?

I guess the only way to know is to remove the batteries and test them with a battery tester is what I have heard is the best way to find out. Hopefully it’s not all of them.

I will be curious….

I'd also check connections, etc. But I do remember having a Chevy S10 Blazor years ago and it went completely bonkers, broke down on side of road, wipers going on their own uncommanded, all due to a bad battery.

Hard to imagine that the batteries are sooo dead that (collectively) they can not pull down a shade. And why would weak batteries make the dash blink? I am very puzzled…

And this happens even when plugged in?
They're not, Rich. The shades move up/down but they have a periodic hesitation during the process. If you watch the video you will see that the shades work, but as during the process, the lights on the dash start to flash and the display indicates the voltage is dropping rapidly.

Latest resources

Back