Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Sal

RVF Regular
I have a 2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4WD. I’m setting it up to tow behind my motor home. Does anybody flat tow a Jeep Grand Cherokee and have you had any issues doing so.

There is a guy over on the Prevost forum that wrote extensively about his GC. He had a different year than yours and he says they vary year to year. I would also call e-trailer and talk to them about your vehicle. Very knowledgeable helpful people.

The only real thing to check on is Jeeps had a severe “death wobble” issue for a while when being towed and they had to come up with a special wiring harness to prevent it.

We towed a 2019 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk for a year and when we bought it, we were told that the issue was resolved with the 2019
model year and that we did not need the harness. That was also explicitly stated in the recreational towing section of the owners manual and we towed it without the harness just fine.

You should check the recreational towing section of your owners manual and see if it makes mention of this. If it doesn’t, call a Jeep dealer and ask them to verify whether or not your Jeep requires the Mopar Wiring Harness for flat towing.

The part number for the wiring harness is is 68321424AA. Looking at the TSB, this seems to have affected 2014-2016 models, but I would still verify as it can cause severe damage.

Latest resources

Back