Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

ROBSREDFORD

RVF Newbee
I’ve posted this in the American forum as well. We have a 2005 Fleetwood American Eagle 42 coach that was built in the United States, it was registered in USA til 2011 then it was exported to canada. We are trying to bring it back to the USA and customs is denying entry because we cannot find a sticker/decal that says it conforms to USA standards at date of manufacture. Most Rv’s have these sorts stickers near the drivers seat or in the bedroom . I’ve got them on my tiffin, my friend has them on his Newmar and my former Holiday Rambler had them. I’ve driven considerable distance to look at two other 05 American Eagle 42 coaches and can’t find on them either …one I spent two hours looking for it. I’ve called /emailed fleetwood and the rev group and they are not in any way interested in helping. If ANYONE has one of these am can find it and send me its location and picture I’d be grateful 704507 two 453. The stickers in the bedroom closet on two amererican eagle 42fs I’ve looked at do not have the “conforms to USA standards” language

Would the EPA sticker for the engine work? I think customs is probably most worried about the engine conforming to USA emissions standards. Look around the engine compartment. It should say conforms to 49 State or 50 State emissions depending on whether it meets California emissions or not.

Latest resources

Back