Engine
Ford V-10
TOW/TOAD
2017 Gmc Terrain & 2017 Chevrolet Colorado ZR-2
Fulltimer
No
Curious
confused.gif

If "Flex Seal" is as good as claimed ( never used it), would it not be a great product to use for sealing holes, but also filling & sealing joints, as well as gaps in bays, and other areas of the coach?
thumb.gif

I see it now comes in "white", "clear", & "black" too!
coolsmiley.gif

It could possibly be a great product to use on/in RV's of all types!

What say you??

I keep Flex Tape in the rig for emergencies, and I've thinking about trying their Flex Shot caulking substitute, as I'm no good with a caulk gun. I think all their products are basically different ways of delivering rubber on demand. Recently i noticed an ad for Flex Paste, yet another way to lay it down. All this being said I've not yet used any on my rig. But it seems like it would be OK.

A few years back I used Flex Seal clear spray to seal the roof to side wall joints on my enclosed utility trailer. In about 1.5 -2 years the roof was leaking again. The trailer roof is silver, and it sits outside in Texas, so lots of heat and UV exposure. I ultimately scraped the flex seal off which was not too much of a job since it had lost adhesion over a good bit of the sprayed area. I then used some 3" eternal bond tape over the roof / sidewall seam and have not had any water intrusion since which is about 3 years. So based on my experience I won't be using flex seal for any place exposed to the elements where I need a permanent fix. Your experience may be different..

I am in the roofing business. I would never suggest using this unless it was an emergency situation because it will not work for very long. It’s like a spray version of black tar in a spray can. And then having to go back and clean it off to do a proper repair is difficult

I keep a roll of EternaBond tape on board, just in case. Hoping I never have to use it.

Latest resources

Back