RV Year
RV Make
Newmar
RV Model
Ventana 4369
RV Length
TOW/TOAD
Buick Enclave
Wow! That seemed like a quick decision! I see this as a tremendous negative impact on Class A owners,especially with all the furniture covering issues folks have been having; Newmar in particular.
No wonder Newmar announced the new "Williamsburg" furniture for the Canyon Star & Mountain Aire. Could have been a couple other models too, just don't remember!
Makes me wonder about "parts support" down the road; from Flexsteel & Newmar as well!

Wow! That seemed like a quick decision! I see this as a tremendous negative impact on Class A owners,especially with all the furniture covering issues folks have been having; Newmar in particular.
No wonder Newmar announced the new "Williamsburg" furniture for the Canyon Star & Mountain Aire. Could have been a couple other models too, just don't remember!
Makes me wonder about "parts support" down the road; from Flexsteel & Newmar as well!
Perhaps they're leaving because Newmar has decided they had enough of FlexSteel's quality issues? Losing a couple of accounts like Newmar might very well take the profit out of the RV division.

I agree with @Jim as there have been so many issues since 2015 I believe with flaking upholstery. Any business that had to endure quality issues such as this would and should seek another supplier. And it seems pretty frictionless now that if the problem arises Newmar replaces everything as if they have Flexsteel by the noose that if this occurs it's on them. I don't know if it's because Newmar orders a poor quality level or if Flexsteel's supplier which sounds like China or some foreign provider is not one that supplies anything that lasts. I'm preaching to the choir, it's not how to run a business. If you can't do it right you shouldn't do it. Sad for those involved and affected but I'd venture to share my emotion that this is good for future buyers not to have this issue any longer, I hope!

I will tell you this. in my coach I had the same issues.

Since Newmar is now using Villa in some of its coach models, maybe it is consolidating suppliers. With all the issues it has had to with Flexsteel furniture, that would be no surprise.

The Flexsteel announcement had a pretty vague feel to it in my perception. Flexsteel's reason for exiting the RV furniture market didn't provide much specificity on what their new target market is. Sounded to me like a CYA statement by a company that just bot dumped by its major customer due to quality issues.

TJ

I believe Williamsburg had the same issues.

I believe Entegra switched over to all Villa

Interesting announcement as Newmar has agreed to replace all my furniture coach due to the ongoing issue material flaking. This condition has been going on for over 5 years and still not resolved. I don’t know how this is profitable for Flexsteel as they have to cover the cost of replacement or Newmar as they have the labor cost of replacing. Now I have to wonder what happens when the new furniture has an issue?

Interesting announcement as Newmar has agreed to replace all my furniture coach due to the ongoing issue material flaking. This condition has been going on for over 5 years and still not resolved. I don’t know how this is profitable for Flexsteel as they have to cover the cost of replacement or Newmar as they have the labor cost of replacing. Now I have to wonder what happens when the new furniture has an issue?
Interesting point, Bill. I think I would raise it with Newmar and ask if they would replace with Villa furniture instead.

TJ

Latest resources

Back