Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

jpietruch

RVF Newbee
I have a 2022 volante 5th wheel. The problem I have is the lights in the camper will flicker, never go out just flicker and as my daughter has epilepsy. The dealer said that it is the power connection in my campground. The problem is that my last camper(keystone sprinter) didn't have that problem at the same site and nobody around me has the same problem. I'm thinking that its a problem with the power inverter/supply that supplies 12v to the camper has a noisy output. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks Joe

Welcome to the group. If all the lights flicker, it could be in the converter. Most of your lights will be 12v, it could be a loose ground. There will be others with better troubleshooting comments. Good luck.

Sounds like a loose connection in the system or low voltage. LED's do not like low voltage. disconnect the batteries, check the voltage of the batteries after letting them settle or applying a load somehow, and check the voltage on the converter leads. It should be higher then 13. Exact voltage hard to tell depending on the converter.

I found 3 connectors on the 12v bus bar loose(re-crimped them) and 2 nuts took 1/2 - 3/4 of a turn to tighten them. Since I did this I haven't had the problem come back. But its spring and we will start using the camper every weekend again. Thanks for the help.
Joe

I’m glad you found your issue and updated the post. Every time we take our rigs out it’s like putting it through an earthquake. There will always be things working loose. We are heading home now after being our three weeks and we have a small leak at the water pump. Should be an easy repair.

Latest resources

Back