• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Jim and renee

RVF Newbee
Hello all,
We have a Sunlite 16BH. Has anyone here ever found floor damage from an unknown water intrusion? We have only used our camper three times. It is stored in an outdoor area, however after last trip we entered the camper after a month and foot almost went through the floor at the entry door. Any experiences with this will be appreciated. Insurance is playing blame game.

Depending on how long you have owned it, it may have been leaking before you even bought it. Insurance usually will not pay for long term water leaks.

I went to a very nice 5th wheel set up on a river site and the floor was rotted out for 20 ft. from the island to the back of the camper. I could not find a leak in the upper structure. Slide out seals looked good. Windows all looked to be nice and tight. He did have an issue with racoons getting into the under belly but said there was no water running out.....I declined to try and fix the floor.
Did you drive it in the rain? Is there a water line under there? Check the seal around the door, not many places for water to come from. Or it is poor workmanship.....yes it happens.

What insurance! Extended warranty? New to you, what year?

Latest resources

Back