Chassis
Freightliner XCR
Engine
Cummins 400 HP
TOW/TOAD
2017 Chevy Colorado
Fulltimer
No
I've seen these at RV rallies and at the beginning of this year decided to get one based on great reviews. If you have lead acid batteries this is a great way to stay on top of your watering chores but also ensure the proper amount of water is in your battery. I routinely check my batteries and add water as needed but when I added this system I was obviously not watering properly or high enough as I used about a half gallon of distilled water for the initial fill test. Very easy to just plug in the fill siphon and check that the batteries are still good. Was very easy to install, verified secure, and very pleased with this purchase. I got the best deal on eBay (2nd link below) and the vendor site is the first link for your info if interested.

Last edited:
I have the watering system. It came with my 2015 DS and like it. My 8 Interstate batteries are 2014 vintage and still working fine.

Pardon my ignorance, I don't know any better but are you guys installing watering systems only on your house batteries? Is anyone doing this on their Chassis batteries? I'm looking into watering systems now and wishing I'd added a special for AGMs.

Your chassis batteries likely are AGM's.

I'm not sure the money is well spent at least from Newmar for AGM's. I'd rather pick my own. I have no problem with the lead acid batteries. They do their job and adding water with the flow-rite is painless. And it may actually be a benefit to be able to maintain them. I added mineral oil to mine to keep the gassing under control and it seems to really work well.

Thanks @Neal - Looking for a Flo-Rite system for 6v x 8, having a bit of trouble finding one that accommodates 8 batteries. Was hoping to just buy it all as a package.

The ebay link in my OP should be what you need. It covered my 8 batteries. 8 x 6V = 48V is how they represent the 8 batteries.

So, turned out that universal system wasn’t quite right but I was able to pick up the a kit for mine by using the kit builder and then searching for part numbers in the google box. It pointed me to Royal Battery in Kissimmee, FL. Short drive later and I had everything in hand for less than $200.

Now to install when i get back. Says I need a fully charged batteries. Hmm...what’s the best way to make sure my batteries are fully charged?

I suspect I’ll need to add a bit of distilled water manually first as I’ve not done anything to them since taking delivery.

Latest resources

Back