• Commercial/Vendors welcome

FMCA AT&T Plan Capped at 12MB

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Boy…vernacular is SO IMPORTANT when talking about this stuff!! Until this last post, I was thinking that the DATA was being capped at “12MB”, rather than the connection being “THROTTLED” at 12Mbps.

Makes a big difference in this case; I’d agree that, generally, even 4Mbps will be adequate for streaming.

I will say, however, that speed isn’t always everything. We’re noticing better use experiences with devices that may not be the “fastest”, yet still are much snappier at loading pages and such.

This topic is a moving target…tomorrow it’ll change.
Yep, up in Branson I've had Verizon giving me 30 Mbps download speeds or better, and had more streaming problems than att at 6 or 7.

That's why I love having both and the two modem Peplink, so most of the time I don't have to worry about it, it's just picking which carrier to use.

The FMCA said that they intend to release a 25 Mbps version for $64.99 per month. That seems like a pretty good deal although I guess it depends on what really happens after 75 GB.

As I've said in a few other places, we still don't absolutely know if this is something the FMCA has negotiated directly with AT&T or if it is through some dubious reseller. It seems to me like it is legit but it would be nice to know for sure.

I personally have no desires to use any cellular reseller. I only want direct from the cell company. Personal pref I suppose.

I personally have no desires to use any cellular reseller. I only want direct from the cell company. Personal pref I suppose.

Sure that makes sense but if this really is a deal that they've made direct with AT&T to legitimately sell the $100 version of this Wireless Broadband - Cradlepoint Router at AT&T Business. for $64.99 without the business restrictions then, for a lot of people, that's not to be sneezed at. It also seems different to the numerous resellers who are probably selling the same thing without approval and at a higher price.

The AT&T prepaid plan is fine but if it really is now $90 for 100 GB then if someone is doing maybe 500 GB per month then we're comparing $450 with $65 for something that is probably adaquate.

Some people are not having problems streaming and others can seem to get it to work. The guy that was next to me at the RV park had the FMCA AT@T plan and either one of us could get to stream and the speed test would jump to 40 and then back down to 12MB. He had just received the card while in the park and wasn't close to his 75MB There are others on different forums that have the same problems The above video states that the plan ID off the SIM is the AT&T business plan and unless FMCA negotiated different terms of service this is what it says.
"Plans are not intended as a substitute for consumer internet services. Accordingly, plans do not allow access to entertainment and other non-business websites that offer video or audio streaming entertainment services & may not be used for entertainment or surveillance video streaming, audio streaming, web hosting, or public or guest Wi-Fi."

unless FMCA negotiated different terms of service ...
That's the big question that it would be nice to know the answer to.

I think there's a reasonable chance that they have negotiated a special deal for members so I'm not going to jump to conclusions until it's proven one way or another.

When I bought my 100G AT&T sim card for $55/mo it was not on their website. You have to go to the store to get it. Then after you're set up you get a website to go to to pay your bill. If you choose the auto pay feature then you get $5/mo off your bill.. Just be ready when you go to the AT&T store. Those people are clueless! I had to explain to them what a Peplink cellular router was and they still didn't understand so I just said "sell me the sim card I'm sure it'll work!!". :rolleyes:

Latest resources

Back