Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

SCSUnlimited

RVF Newbee
We have a 2022 Coachman Cross Trail with 1700 miles on a Ford E450 chassis. On our maiden voyage, we experienced a grabbing/grinding noise in the front wheels when making both sharp and semi-sharp turns. It's been at the Ford dealership for 3 1/2 weeks without any diagnosis or resolution. What they have told us is that it is not related to the steering fluid pump issue that was on an earlier Ford recall. I feel like the dealership and Ford Motorhome Assistance line have been giving me the runaround. Has anyone else had experience with this issue and a solution? Thanks.

Sorry to hear of your problem. We have a 2021 E450 and have not experienced the mentioned problem. I hope you are on the road soon. On another note, we have had our share of issues. Both chassis and coach.

I had the same issue on our old Class A it was on a F53 Ford Chassis. The issue ended up being that the brakes, rotors and bearing need changed, once that was done all the noise went away.

I would check the brakes and rotors as well. Ready to do my own brakes soon as well, the Ford E450 IMHO is a good chassis and engine, V10.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back