Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Old Racer

RVF Newbee
I purchased a new 2021 Forest River RPod 196. It had the black glass entry door. 6 mos after purchase the outside wall in the top left conner of the door cracked diagonally. I took the unit in to a Lazydays for evaluation. They got authorization to repair the defect. The crack came back in about 8 months. Plus the right top conner is buckling out. I took it back to Lazydays and was told this feel under the first authorized repair, that now needs further investigation. LazyDays ask for approval from Forest River warranty to take the door off for further inspection. I was told in the very beginning when I took it in the second time my Adviser indicated the sidewall my not be connected to the car body correctly in manufacturing. I should have expected it when I laughed in the beginning when I saw braid nail holes not in an orderly fashion , but more like someone hunting for something sold to hit , and the white putty in the holes indicated that.. . 14 weeks now our unit sets at the LazyDays with absolutely no communication from Forest River from multiple calls by my advisor, my wife, and myself.
I did not bother to take it back in the beginning when the bathroom pocket door fell off the first outing. The next thing when I put out the slide out for the first time the trim fell off. We researched before we bought this unit. We felt the the added 3 to 5 thousand was for a little better quality. 69yrs old and asking myself how the hell did I get here?
Sad 😵‍💫

Your research was incomplete....sorry about the problems, maybe an attorney is warranted?

I purchased a new 2021 Forest River RPod 196. It had the black glass entry door. 6 mos after purchase the outside wall in the top left conner of the door cracked diagonally. I took the unit in to a Lazydays for evaluation. They got authorization to repair the defect. The crack came back in about 8 months. Plus the right top conner is buckling out. I took it back to Lazydays and was told this feel under the first authorized repair, that now needs further investigation. LazyDays ask for approval from Forest River warranty to take the door off for further inspection. I was told in the very beginning when I took it in the second time my Adviser indicated the sidewall my not be connected to the car body correctly in manufacturing. I should have expected it when I laughed in the beginning when I saw braid nail holes not in an orderly fashion , but more like someone hunting for something sold to hit , and the white putty in the holes indicated that.. . 14 weeks now our unit sets at the LazyDays with absolutely no communication from Forest River from multiple calls by my advisor, my wife, and myself.
I did not bother to take it back in the beginning when the bathroom pocket door fell off the first outing. The next thing when I put out the slide out for the first time the trim fell off. We researched before we bought this unit. We felt the the added 3 to 5 thousand was for a little better quality. 69yrs old and asking myself how the hell did I get here?
Sad 😵‍💫
Old Racer.. did/ have you had any resolution to to issues with Forest River? I seem to find myself in a very similar position. ( Ironically , the town of Hood River is out my Kitchen window. )

Latest resources

Back