Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Stang

RVF Newbee
My wife and I purchased a new Impression. I cannot locate the recommended tire pressure or the wheel lug size.

For tire pressure I would suggest that you go weigh it and then you compare the weights to the weight on the side of the tire. The percentage you come up with is the percentage of the maximum pressure on the sidewall of the tires. Or you could just use the number on the side of the tire.

Terrible advice. This will result in tire pressures that are too low or too high and either way the handling will suffer, braking distances may be longer, and for sure the tires will not wear evenly. Also with too low a tire pressure there will be more sidewall flexing and the tires will run hotter and this makes them more prone to sudden failure.

By federal law the vehicle manufacturer must provide the information on the vehicle and I have always found it inside the driver side door jam. Worst case, phone the factory. The manufacturer's recommended tire pressure is based on the vehicle weight at each axle, the vehicle's suspension, and the tires used.

Use the pressure stated on the tire. It’s that simple. Mine are 65 psi. The other thing you will want to buy and almost I would say a 100% necessity is TPMS for your RV. I use TST. It also monitors temperature which is critical and usually is directly affected by air pressure drop.

Terrible advice. This will result in tire pressures that are too low or too high and either way the handling will suffer, braking distances may be longer, and for sure the tires will not wear evenly. Also with too low a tire pressure there will be more sidewall flexing and the tires will run hotter and this makes them more prone to sudden failure.

By federal law the vehicle manufacturer must provide the information on the vehicle and I have always found it inside the driver side door jam. Worst case, phone the factory. The manufacturer's recommended tire pressure is based on the vehicle weight at each axle, the vehicle's suspension, and the tires us
So, how do you figure this is bad advice? You air the tires to the load carried how or why would they be low? he tire pressures you mention are for a fully loaded vehicle. What happens if it is not fully loaded?

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back