Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

tpbay

RVF Newbee
My husband and I are looking to purchase a new Forest River RV Georgetown 5 series soon. Looking for pro's and con's on this particular make and model. The 34H5 floor plan is exactly what we are looking for. Also, we want to pull our 2017 Jeep Wrangler behind the RV, is this easy to do? By the way, we will be first time RV owners so all of this is new to us. Any comments/help would greatly be appreciated as this is not an inexpensive venture for us ;)

I have no input on the Forest River RV but I can tell you the Jeep Wrangler is one of the most popular vehicles to flat to for a good reason! It's very simple.
You will need to buy a tow bar and base plate to fit your Jeep. I also highly recommend an auxililary brake system too. This way of the Jeep ever does come unattached it will stop on it's own before killing someone or doing a lot of damage. I highly recommend Air Force One brake system and I love my Blue Ox tow bar and base plates. I've flat towed a Ram 1500 pickup and also a Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk with great success.

My last MH was a Forester. I bought it new and it had the usual slew of issues, some major. However, B Clemens was the Warranty Mgr at the time. He saw that everything was taken care of at the factory. The workmanship was RV standard for quick build lower level MH, but I was very happy with it. BTW, the FR repair guys do great work. Go look at the Forest River Forum. I understand Mr Clemmens is the Forest River GM now. They could not have anyone better IMHO. I have not examined the inside of the new Georgetowns, but the look of these has improved tremendously. Mr. Clemens used to participate regularly in the FR Forum and responds quickly to customer concerns.

I ended up with a Newmar in the end but, with Mr. Clemens making waves at FR --- Newmar look out!

I have a 34 foot Georgetown I found what they built they haven't much on manuals for you are them self's why? Mine was in for 3 weeks for a slide problem they tell me they don't know how to fix it and Live with it yep you heard it right. I even call them they asked me to send me pictures I sent about 40 or so they wanted more really? Buy a Winnebago they have everything needed on line if needed not Forest River. I went to put in new headlights in found old one mounted to rotten plywood I released 1 screw and it fell almost to ground wires kept it from the ground So if this is the Quality you want buy one and good luck with service after a couple of years on road.

I have on order and going into production this week, a new Georgetown 31L5. I’ve looked at new rvs for years and finally settled on the GEORGETOWN 5 SERIES. My experience with ALL manufacturers is that they use the cheapest lightest materials they can find. Most are built in Elkhart Indiana. When an assembler isn’t happy or not good enough they just go to another factory right down the street. The same people have a hand in almost 70% of us manufactured rvs. Elkhart is like Detroit was to automotive workers in its prime. My point: You will have some problems! Hopefully and usually nothing major. Some things loosen up, break, and fall apart going down the road. Most are easily fixed or adjusted. Be prepared for the new rv issues no matter what you purchase, find the best fit for you and your budget and enjoy. Dont let the small issues detract from your happiness And good luck with the new Georgetown, I think you will find its a good choice

Having your head lights mounted to plywood that could fall out while you are driving in the night is dangerous,unsafe,and can not be a standard and should be over looked. All is I was saying look before buying see who has the best support , and back up later years down the road most people take out a 15 or 20 year payment beware

Latest resources

Back