Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

fendr1962

RVF Regular
While outside conditioning my rubber seals around my slide out I noticed the right side of my slideout (underneath) is almost down right on the panel underneath it. On the left side I can slide my finger underneath the slideout and panel below it. I need to know how that slideout is constructed since I am unable to see back inside. I know that there is a center track that the motor is connected to that pulls and pushes the slide out in and out. Underneath the slideout there isn't any track on either side of the small ~ 2 foot slide out. So my questions is is the slideout just sitting on the middle track and the whole thing rides in an out on it with nothing on either side to sit on? Inside underneath the small sofa there is what looks like a hinged piece of metal mounted on a 5 x 5 block of wood that is some how attached to the slide out. The block of wood is cracked in two where they put the screws through it. The whole thing is pushed down an inch or two. I compared this to the other side and it sits up higher. So I believe I can take the screws out and install a new block of wood and then push that side of the slideout up and screw the new block of wood in and that may fix the drooping on that side of the slideout. I believe that that piece of wood cracked in two was like that when I bought this TT new. I guess I was spending so much time trying to get more urgent things like my AC fixed to stop and consider having the dealer repair this issue also.

Latest resources

Back