Chassis
Freightliner XCR
Engine
Cummins 400 HP
TOW/TOAD
2017 Chevy Colorado
Fulltimer
No
I would like to see a feature that I'll call "Fresh Water Priority" of internal (fresh water tank) vs. external (city water hookup). The scenario is I'm hooked up to city water but there is no way once that is done to use water from the fresh tank. This causes stagnation of the fresh tank, possible hard water build ups, less than ideal health situations. There is a secondary purpose and that is water heating. Heating water that is coming in from a city water line, IIRC ground temps are stable at 56F. The fresh tank is heated in cold climates when getting below a certain temp and otherwise is warm by the nature of being contained in the basement and the water heating system can better heat fresh tank water vs. city water. For example where I am now I don't want to use the diesel burner but instead electric burners on the OASIS hydronic heating system. Due to the higher flow rate and colder temps of the city water source the electric heat elements cannot keep up.

My suggestion is a system that will automatically use water from the fresh tank via water pump and then when the fresh tank gets down to a level such as 25% autofill then kicks in to refill the tank. In my current configuration autofill will trigger at a higher point but the other issue is that the water pump will not come on if sufficient water pressure is coming in from the city water line. We need a system that turns off the city water line (electric valve) so that water is drawn from the on board fresh water tank and then when down to the set level the electric valve allows water in to refill the fresh tank.

The end goal is to keep the fresh water tank cycled and also use the warmer source to ease the load on the water heater system.

Another tip:

Keep your dirty old filters, and put them in to reduce incoming water pressure.

vomit GIF

I would like to see a feature that I'll call "Fresh Water Priority" of internal (fresh water tank) vs. external (city water hookup). The scenario is I'm hooked up to city water but there is no way once that is done to use water from the fresh tank. This causes stagnation of the fresh tank, possible hard water build ups, less than ideal health situations. There is a secondary purpose and that is water heating. Heating water that is coming in from a city water line, IIRC ground temps are stable at 56F. The fresh tank is heated in cold climates when getting below a certain temp and otherwise is warm by the nature of being contained in the basement and the water heating system can better heat fresh tank water vs. city water. For example where I am now I don't want to use the diesel burner but instead electric burners on the OASIS hydronic heating system. Due to the higher flow rate and colder temps of the city water source the electric heat elements cannot keep up.

My suggestion is a system that will automatically use water from the fresh tank via water pump and then when the fresh tank gets down to a level such as 25% autofill then kicks in to refill the tank. In my current configuration autofill will trigger at a higher point but the other issue is that the water pump will not come on if sufficient water pressure is coming in from the city water line. We need a system that turns off the city water line (electric valve) so that water is drawn from the on board fresh water tank and then when down to the set level the electric valve allows water in to refill the fresh tank.

The end goal is to keep the fresh water tank cycled and also use the warmer source to ease the load on the water heater system.
Just wondering - why not use the water pump and one’s own water tank all the time? Only using the ’park water’ for refilling? That would also have the benefit of keeping reliable water pressure.

Just wondering - why not use the water pump and one’s own water tank all the time? Only using the ’park water’ for refilling? That would also have the benefit of keeping reliable water pressure.
That’s the intent but I’d like a switch inside the coach that turns city water on or off.

That’s the intent but I’d like a switch inside the coach that turns city water on or off.
Just add this:

Just add this:
Absolutely, easy mod, I may do just that.

Latest resources

Back