Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

C&M

RVF Newbee
When opening the low water drain next to the fresh water tank, the water barely comes out. The tank is full, so it should be coming out like a water hose. Haven't check for blockage in the line yet, but wondering if anyone has seen this and their fix?

When opening the low water drain next to the fresh water tank, the water barely comes out. The tank is full, so it should be coming out like a water hose. Haven't check for blockage in the line yet, but wondering if anyone has seen this and their fix?
Low water drain or tank drain

I have never seen a freshwater tank drain like a fire hose on any Newmar. My current DS takes about 15-20 min IIRC, and my previous Kountry Star took hours.

Make sure you open a few faucets inside to assure there is no negative pressure lock...
That is why the question about type of drain.
Make sure your tanks vent does not have a loop in it! This will cause a negative pressure in the tank.

I have a 2020 Canyon Star, and, when I drain the tank, it is a bit slow!
However, as suggested, open the cold water handle on your sink, and it will increase the flow!
And No, it won't run like a firehose!;)

Mine is glacially slow. I just use the water pump to pump it out through the wet bay shower connection.

Latest resources

Back