• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Freshwater pump off-line trying to figure out why need help

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
No! They both would work fine. Both use different fitting and bands. Your electronics likely got wet when someone found that out the hard way!!! Ultimately you will find out the same if you don't correct the issue!

That is why I mentioned the issue. So you can fix it now and save yourself trouble later. Has nothing to do with making the pump work!!! Choose the type that is used inside the coach and correct what has been patched .

both types and their respective tools are sold in my local home depot! May I suggest some YouTube videos on the differences of the two?
I kind of glossed over the part you said about choosing what is used inside the coach. Now you are talking about the specifics of the pump switches inside the coach? I’m not sure I follow.

So yeah, you’re most likely right about that. I’m guessing electronics being the Low Side unit, that said, I was able to connect both connections to the pump and build up as much pressure as possible with water in the tank,and the switch is occasionally functioning properly. My guess is due to either a faulty pump or like you said the electronics getting wet. The result unfortunately is no water being pumped through the freshwater system. I thought maybe the connectors were reversed and so I tried connecting them in reverse and it seems like the pump is stronger when I did that, but again no fresh water running so my next step is to replace the low side unit in case it’s damaged and swap pumps and see if that solves the problem if it does I’ll just keep the working pump installed. By all means if you know of examples please share them. Thanks
On the head of the pump is an arrow showing water flow direction. There is no guess work! Because it is a diaphragm pump wiring backwards won't even change flow direction!!!

Rather than starting a new thread and it’s kind of related to this one I’m not sure why, but there is a significant tear in the inlet hose and when with pump off I turn on the city water, I’m getting water coming out of the water tank, inlet hose, which doesn’t seem to make any sense to me because they’re independent of each other, I’ve had no choice but to turn off the city water because it’s leaking a whole bunch of water, until I’m able to replace that hose which I hope I can be able to pull from the other water tank system. Why would water come out of the inlet hose when city waters turned on that makes no sense? I figured out it was because the pump was connected and the lines weren’t plugged up as they were I may have also had the freshwater diverter on.

Last edited:
Based on the arrow looks like the pump was in reverse but so far haven’t been able to connect it back.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back