Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

Question Friends lent us their 2006 Winnebago View and the wood sink cover broke — need to find a replacement ASAP

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Lucky2HAVEfriends

RVF Newbee
Hi community — I’ve joined because we don’t want to be “those kinds of friends” who have anything break on our watch when dear friends lend us their RV. On a hairpin turn on the Oregon Coast the round “Honey Cherry” finish wood sink cover with a half moon cut out broke. (Winnebago model # WD523J, OFVIEW.) I’ve called the local Winnebago dealer, the Winnebago mothership in Iowa (who confirmed this part is no longer made) and three major salvage yards. eBay nada. Dead ends everywhere. I have contacted an Etsy seller who hasn’t gotten back to me yet about making a new one from scratch but I thought I’d turn to the no doubt resourceful experts in this forum. Someone suggested a cabinet maker but I’m eager to replace the board ASAP so our friends don’t miss it while they vacation this summer. Anyone have any leads hopefully? Thanks so much! P.S. pic shows my temp repair with wood grain duct tape but it won’t hold for long….

Attachments

• 452CD5C8-EDEA-41CC-83C1-CC4EA9C31E7E.jpeg
    452CD5C8-EDEA-41CC-83C1-CC4EA9C31E7E.jpeg
    675 KB · Views: 19
  • D7E5FFC8-E3FB-4BC8-A7DF-A0F83B699491.jpeg
    D7E5FFC8-E3FB-4BC8-A7DF-A0F83B699491.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 19
Wished I could help, but welcome aboard!

First, tell your friends it broke. They WILL notice. And, tell them you are looking for a replacement.

If it is a pretty clean break, an experienced woodworker/cabinet maker should be able to repair it with “biscuits” (hidden wood inserts).

TJ

Tell your friends then either get it repaired or a decent woodworker can make a new one.

First, tell your friends it broke. They WILL notice. And, tell them you are looking for a replacement.

If it is a pretty clean break, an experienced woodworker/cabinet maker should be able to repair it with “biscuits” (hidden wood inserts).

TJ
This is what I would do.

It is just pieces of wood glued together, sanded and finished. To repair, run a bead of Tightbond II {it is waterproof} along the edge, carefully align the pieces, put in some clamps, wipe away any excess, leave overnight. Tell your friends it broke and you've repaired it. I wouldn't bother to use "biscuits" to repair, as likely the remainder of the pieces are just glued together.

I must confess, I do woodworking and build furniture as a hobby. This is a snoozer for repair.

Latest resources

Back