Newmar
RV Model
Ventana 4326
RV Length
TOW/TOAD
2020 Ford F-150
Fulltimer
Yes
Noticed today my front badge is coming loose. Idk why but I expected it to be screwed in. Apparently, they just slap some glue on the back and call it a day.
FC9AAB54-555F-4E43-9579-5723D112BCCF.jpeg

I’ll probably pull it off this weekend, scrape it down with a razor blade and clean it with some alcohol wipes and then apply VHB tape on every inch of the back of the badge, trimming it to fit the profile and put it back on.

I think all of these are attached with 3M VHB tape. I had to replace the "V" in Ventana on the front, it was cracked, could have been from a bird strike of which I've had about 7 to date. I would send the picture to Newmar and add to your warranty list. I doubt it will come off.

Already reported it. Don’t want to drive around with it like that for the next 6 months. A minor thing that makes the OCD in me get all worked up.

Yep...know all about that OCD stuff. When I have something that is not right (even something relatively minor) it gnaws at me until I fix it, or get it fixed.

TJ

Last edited:
x2. I want it fixed NOW.

The older I get, the less the OCD strikes me. There is always tomorrow, or the next day. Lift too short to get worked up unless it's a safety thing. Then I'm all over that.

Put a screw in it @MapNerd, a great big long one. Never have to worry about it again. ;)

Duct tape, come on! Ride in style...

I decided to just rip it off, clean the residue and draw it on with a sharpie. The backplate is brushed stainless so it’s really hard to tell the difference.

I should have double checked the spelling though. I am now the proud owner of a Mewnar Ventana.

You guys are too funny. I just discovered mine is coming off as well. It is separating at the top where the roof curves.

AbdRahim's proverb: He who puts flat plastic sticker on curved surface and expects it to stick is not wise. I will see if I can squeeze som double sided tape under the part that is lifting. With snow melting and freezing up there, all winter, it will not last until I get back to Napannee in the spring. Not sure anything will stick in this heat. If it gets too bad I will try to remove it. I won't replace it.

Latest resources

Back