Chassis
Spartan K2
Engine
Cummins ISL9
TOW/TOAD
2023 GMC Sierra
Fulltimer
Yes
I have had a fuel leak since I had parked for the Covid-19 in mid March. I had filled up in Eloy just prior to staying in place at Palm Creek. I had noticed fuel dripping on the ground under the fuel tank and figured it was possibly from expansion as daytime temperatures were about 20-25 degrees warmer than at arrival.

I did reach out to Spartan to confirm location of vent and they sent me schematic of tank plumbing. Leak seemed to be predominantly from front half of tank and dripping down the drivers side. I cleaned up the mess best I could an hoped once I put some miles on down the road it would be fine, well that didn’t really happen. I had noticed while I was doing some work in the battery bay, wetness around the fill pipe and hoped this could be the source of the leak. Called Spartan again and they recommended I contact Rush Truck Center in St. George where I was parked. Took coach in yesterday and upon their inspection with mirrors it was determined top of tank area was dry, which was good news because the tank wouldn’t have to be dropped. Closer look at fill tube on driver side determined the hard pipe going into the side was loose and only a couple threads engaged at tank. They removed, resealed, re-installed, painted and steam clean the area and I was on the road within 5 hours. Thumbs up to Rush Truck Center in St. George ?

Still working with Spartan on who covers the $406 but they have been helpfully in getting this resolved.

I was limping in my former coach just south of Denver...only game in town was a Rush Truck center. Wiring harness had fallen on a hot part of the engine & melted. They had me fixed and on the road in 4 hours; really nice folks, too.

Latest resources

Back