Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

bentley01

RVF Newbee
I'm putting side camers on my trailer and am wondering if they site down the side of the railer or not. If not is there a good place to mount them (closer to the back than the front)? Thanks for any info!!
Ken

I think most side cameras site down the side of the vehicle, do one can see if someone is next to one.

The ones in our super c are in the middle of the side looking down. We also have some toward the front looking toward the back instead of down. The ones toward the front looking down the side are mounted lower than the others.

On a trailer I guess it would depend on what view you wanted.

May want to try different places with something like command strips that can be removed / moved to get the view you want. Then you can look to do a permanent mount in that spot.

Location of side cameras is all about the pain point you are trying to solve - typically it is to help with a blind spot.
Do you want this for driving down the highway or is it for backing up or close maneuvering? If I was placing cameras I would connect them and then have someone hold it in a location while I sit in the drivers seat - to determine what location fixes my pain point.

Latest resources

Back